Sunday, August 7, 2016

RIP OFF

     Star Cab’s David Lebovitz dropped off a couple at the airport. The woman handed him half of a fifty-dollar bill. Before Dave could express his displeasure, the woman’s husband said, “Don’t worry. Here’s the other half.”
     Dave placed the two pieces together to make sure they matched. They did. Before he could ask, the man offered an explanation. “We lost everything gambling but the fifty. My wife said she’d keep the bill with her to make sure I didn’t gamble it away.
     “I said to her, ‘it’s my money. You already lost all of yours.’ We both insisted on holding on to the last bill. Finally, I ripped it in half, gave my wife half, and I kept the other half.”
     After paying the cab fare, the couple was left with $38. Not one to leave well enough alone, Mr. Lebovitz then explained to the couple, “Your problems are not over. There are more slot machines in the terminal on the way to the planes.”
     The male customer took only a second to consider. He then ripped the last $38 down the middle, gave half to his wife, and off they went.


No comments:

Post a Comment